Mar 13, 2007

i need a friend with a boat

i've been told my recent lack of appearances are starting to push me into the fringe of our little socialsphere. well now, that's just unkind.

busy busy, but i'm trying to make time for people, i swear to god. my best friend right now is definitely....my car. and the soothing voices of CBC radio shows.

so it would appear that despite the protestation and snarky remarks about people who get into relationships then disappear from their friends lives, i have clearly become one of those people, hahaha

not that i have any regrets; nor would i conclude any causes should be directly shouldered by my lovely better half (or as facebook calls her, my "significant other") that i could not arguably rationalize as equal parts due to work and school responsibilities.

i am, however, willing to concede that truly, i have become that which i at one time mocked.

naturally, i remain pragmatic and optimistic about the situation. i have but a month of school left, after which i hope to reconnect with people who i am essentially ignoring right now.

in the meantime however, this is a most general and impersonal attempt at an apology for my utter self-alienation. at least the irony is not lost on me, non?

keep sending me emails to stuff. at least then i'll know what i'm missing when i'm missing it.

and no, that was not sarcasm.

and neither was that.

now bed time. the favourite, most cherished part of the my day....

No comments: