Aug 21, 2008

Consider me a self-loathing pseudo member of the "media"

This whole issue with listeriosis and sandwich meats has me wondering how journalists are making decisions when it comes to reporting the news. I'd like to meet the editors at CBC....

Actually, I have met some of them. It still boggles my mind, they seem so normal when you shake their hands.

Even worse is when the news show clips of people who are all paranoid of propane tanks exploding everywhere.

By the same logic that people are arguing propane tanks shouldn't be in residential areas, one could also reasonably posit that gas stations shouldn't be in those same areas, or hell, airports for that matter -- look at Air Spain!

1 comment:

Cammie said...

people are afraid of everything if they don't know any better. what's annoying are the ppl who are irrationally scared or angry and refuse to believe what experts or officials say or that what's being done is any help, so really what could you possibly to do satisfy them. that being said. gas station by my house, please do not blow up.