Jul 5, 2010

Inner dialogues #8714: retails awkwardness

Self-admission: I am at times rather self-concious despite my oft tendency to display an absolute and utter lack of shame. These tendencies manifest themselves in irregular ways however.

For example, do you have a certain store that you tend to buy most of your clothes from? Have you ever found yourself in a mall wearing clothes from said store, then confronted with having to possibly go into that store to look around but find yourself kind of embarrassed you would do so wearing essentially their clothes?

I'm not saying this is at all logical. I'm just saying it is a somewhat hilarious twinge that most certainly passes my mind; the momentary fear of judgment from the employees in the store, who surely would be thinking "why is he wearing all clothes from this store? does he think he's a mannequin? what a loser! lollollololrofol".

OR, even worse, when you buy something on sale, and you realize after a few days it was an even better deal than you initially understood, then you want to go back and buy another of the same item in a different colour but you're actually wearing that item at the time. Do you ever think "hmmm... maybe I shouldn't go in and buy those shorts right now, because I'm wearing them, and I don't want to seem like I am so unoriginal that I buy all my shorts from here when they are dirt cheap, even though I really need another pair of shorts because it's so goddamn hot".

Yea, that's the worst.

3 comments:

Dust said...

No need to wonder...

Remember when you worked for the Gap? When someone walked in wearing a Gap outfit, did you judge them?

There's your answer.

-d

Simon said...

I was less judgmental back then, so it's hard to say...

Dust said...

I'd say that they really don't care. One of the perks of working for AA or GAP is just to get that employee discount on clothes they love so much. I'd wager that those clothes dominate their wardrobes, so why would they judge someone who dresses exactly like they do?

-d