Apr 6, 2005

sentiments vs syllables

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

~ Groucho Marx

and so it ends. i just finished my last class here at the university of western ontario. what a bittersweet experience this graduation business is proving to be.

for so long i have wanted out. no more classes, no more books....no more teachers dirty looks.

and yet here i am, almost wishing i could start all over again from square one. that i could redo my mistakes, and relive my elation. so much has happened in my four years here. i can't say i'm nearly the same person walking away from here as i was walking in.

God has blessed me so much, and given me such great friends and a wonderful fellowship. I feel like my eyes have been opened to life, and where i fit into things. That assurance is so invaluable. I know that i'll be moving on, but i recognize that i might not ever have the luxury this situation affords....for the rest of my life. absolute freedom, learning on my own, forcing myself to grow, great friends who are around all day every day and accessible 24/7.

so to all who've put up with me, and all who've helped me through the tougher times, and everyone i've met here -- thanks.

man, i'm writing a grad comment for my imaginary yearbook. i'm such a loser.



No comments: