Feb 15, 2007

black wave

there's a herd of deer living in my backyard. they all seem to be does or fawns, i have yet to see a buck.

i've counted as many as 8, and usually they just hang around my house, or eat the bushes in my backyard. last night when i came home, all 8 of them were eating the shrubs in-between our neighbours and our front yards.

it's so odd. when you get close, they kind of just all freeze and state directly at you. i mean, it seems that they're pretty accustomed to human presence since they don't run away at noise or anything. i drove up, parked in my garage and walked to my door, and they just kept eating.

well, eating and staring. it's kind of spooky. but kind of.....cool.

anyways, it's only odd because they're don't seem to be just visiting. i've been seeing them almost every other day for the past couple of weeks. and they're SO close. i mean, sometimes i wake up in the morning and look at the window, and i swear they're peering in at me wondering what i'm up to. or i'll be watching tv in the basement and look out the window, and theres 3 of them just chillin by the bbq.

i feel like i live in Nara.



No comments: