Sep 27, 2009

The Star irks me again

Chinatown grocer accused of assault 'a victim': Kenney
In an attempt to curry favour with local Chinese business owners, Kenney vowed to raise with MPs the community's plea to reform a section of the Criminal Code that prevents retailers from apprehending shoplifters outside their store's premises

Oh come on. "IN AN ATTEMPT TO CURRY FAVOUR"??

I know as a publication you're inclined to be critical of the Conservatives, but there are editorial liberties, then there are sentences-that-become-fodder-for-those-Conservatives-and-their-supporters-to-prove-your-publication-is-not-credible.

Also, I am curious if in this case, either lawyer is going to whip out a copy of The Dark Knight in order to argue the myriad angles of citizen vigilanteism?

2 comments:

Dust said...

damn... my comment didn't stick.

The Star is merely trying to curry favour with its readership.

-d

Simon said...

This may be true.

But also... I read The Star... hahaha