Mar 12, 2008

hamster huey and the gooey kablooey

In light of this whole Spitzer scandal, I'm trying to decide if I'd be more offended to find out my spouse was cheating on me the regular way or paying for sex with a prostitute. I'm inclined to think the latter is less hurtful in terms of taking a hit to my ego, however it would also be somewhat more disturbing in that I would seriously, seriously question my judgement.

In terms of self-worth however, I think I'd definitely choose fate B given the previously mentioned option. Heck, if the prostitute was super smoking, I'd probably understand. I mean, if someone OFFERED me $4000 to sleep with them, I'd probably be like "are you nuts? I'm not worth that much."

Not to say I'm easy. Just... pragmatic.

2 comments:

Cammie said...

I would like just one time for these politician's wives to NOT stand by their husbands and react like any normal person would. it would be a refreshing change...

Simon said...

there have been like 15 op-eds about that very topic this past week.

the general reason they give seems to be to set a good example for their kids.

the messy stuff usually gets taken care of afterwards.