Mar 2, 2008

pbj

Alas, I am out of jelly. Looks like lunch will just be peanut butter today... that's kind of like having a car with no windshield -- it'll get the job done, but you're probably not going to like it.

We all make purchases we regret (right now, I'm looking at some Bjork concerts that were bootlegged onto VHS and a copy of Gunstar Heroes for the Sega Megadrive. Did I mention I own neither a VCR nor a Megadrive?)

I must say though that at the time, these seemed like wise purchases. I cannot fathom why. 

Here is a list of things that I used to think were cool, but sadly, no longer like. (And to Dashboard Confessional -- I'm sorry. It's not you, it's me).

- FILA 
- EZ Mac
- Emo music
- Television
- Second Cup
- Guitar Hero 
- Alicia Silverstone (Part of me fears one day she will read this, and it will cost me my chance.)
- HTML
- Skee-ball 
- Turtleneck sweaters
- Professional Wrestling
- Dragonboat racing
- Michael Moore
- Naps

Here, conversely, is a list of things I have begun to grow a new appreciation for:

- Sandwiches

4 comments:

Cammie said...

what. naps are awesome!

Anonymous said...

seriously. what's wrong with naps now??

also, is Guitar Hero there only because Rock Band is now here?

speaking of... my roomie got Rock Band while i was away. woohoo!!! ...i'm gonna fail clerkship, haha

and now for a nap

Vivian Mau said...

You're breaking up with Dashboard? I hope Chris Cabarra doesn't slit his wrists.

and sandwiches are the bomb! now to seagueway, you want to finally meet up sometime? seems like your load has lightened for the time being and so has mine.

Steph said...

Hey hey now i think you've been a little too harsh on TV. And lets not harp on naps, they are probably the only think keeping you alive at this moment. Have you ever seen the episode of House where the patient was an insomniac and was only alive cuz of her 10 second naps? See no matter how smal, naps are a life saver!