Apr 22, 2008

Evolution

For some reason, I watched an entire episode of House tonight. He kept talking about how people don't change (only to believe in people's abilities to change at the very end). 

My thoughts while watching were two-fold. 

1) In terms of plot, House is pretty much medical power rangers. Every week the same formula happens. I kept waiting for Rita to make the monster in the patients body big. 

2) The chick from the OC is much, much hotter than sweater-vest girl. And for some reason she apparently plays a bisexual -- again. I've heard of typecasting, but this might be a little bit too pigeonholed even for television actors...

3) To be honest, I'm not entirely convinced people can change. I think we can learn to change how we react to who we are, but not necessarily who we are. By this, I mean you might always want a certain thing, but instead of giving in, just learn to discipline yourself to act differently on those same impulses (which always remain the same). 

I can see how that could still be defined/interpreted as change. 

But I could also see how it could not be. 

On another note, I've been playing basketball at the YMCA lately and there's this one old guy who's there every single night. I can't figure out what he does -- he's old enough to be retired. But man. Whatever reason he's there all the time, it's either incredibly admirable, or incredibly depressing. 

Funny how there's no gray area with that one eh?

8 comments:

Cammie said...

so you're saying people can control their actions but not their thoughts or feelings. that's fair enough...

i'd much rather have sweater vest girl be my doctor than bisexual girl...

Anonymous said...

what, there's a hot chick on House now? maybe i should start watching again...

maybe that old guy is like the guy from the RBC commercials, the one who puts up the "Girls only" sign on the hockey changeroom

Ivan said...

agreed. she is much hotter than sweater vest girl.

i hope you enjoy my deep and constructive comment.

Simon said...

I like how Cam countered my "who is hotter" comment with a value judgment about who would make a better fictional medical practitioner.

I'm not entirely convinced she doesn't still speak to trees.

Simon said...

I like how Cam countered my "who is hotter" comment with a value judgment about who would make a better fictional medical practitioner.

I'm not entirely convinced she doesn't still speak to trees.

Cammie said...

i wasn't countering your argument on who's hotter, it was in support of why vest girl is endearing. no on cares if bi girl is a good doctor or a nice person, you just want to see her get it on with someone. haha



...it would be interesting if they put her and sweater vest girl together. hahaha

Simon said...

now you're talking.

Steph said...

HAHAHA!

great comments!

Yea i was pretty happy when Bi girl joined house i really enjoyed her tiny stint on the OC and she really is quite hot although sometimes he head looks too big or something but other than those times she is difinately hot although i bet she's make up hot and not actually that hot in real life. I watched that sarah marshall movie and man Jacky got hot i mean hotter than i have ever seen her... wow i now i sound bi...