Apr 10, 2006

the kid is already breaking

i like to fancy myself somewhat of a connoisseur of MSN display pictures.

there are a variety of genres that most pictures tend to fall into, and i feel they often say a lot about who we are.

the webcam pose, or the "i enjoy looking at myself"
the friends, or "attractive friends make me cooler by proxy"
the candid, or the "look at what i've done and how interesting it makes me"
the couple shot, or "this picture earns me brownie points as well as raising my stock"
the default images, or "MSN is not a pastime. it is a communications medium"
the interests picture, or "these are my hobbies. i think they help define me"
the humourously random picture, or "i'm a non-conformist. i'm also probably ugly"
the artsy photo, or "i am more original than you will ever hope to be"


and of course, there are pictures that do not fall into any of these catagories. naturally there are always exceptions in life, so i will not bother discussing these because they are either too stupid, or too genius for me to comment upon (i.e. pictures of your naked body probably mean you are a whore).

do not take offense if i have captured your essence based purely on your MSN picture. after all, i have a keen eye and brilliant mind for psychological deduction.

No comments: