Apr 19, 2006

you should be hated here.

it may be a telling sign that i still consider weezer my favourite band.

some people know quite definitely that they are afraid of change. i can't say i quite fall into that category. conversely, i wouldn't say i'm the kind of person who looks forward to change. of course everything in life is situational, but by-and-large i would say i am completely and utterly indifferent towards change.

my apathy has served me well in the past, as my lazy nature may be construed as loyalty in some cases, while in other cases it has allowed me to adapt to new situations with relative ease and comfort.

i cannot help but notice however that something my ambivalence does not take into account is the fact that change is inevitable. i've finally been realizing a lot lately how much is changing around me -- how people, relationships, situations, and expectations are evolving.

it's not for the best, it's not for the worst. it just is the way it is i suppose, which is alright by me.

but i'm enjoying the fact that i'm choosing to acknowledge change at least in that it is significant in our lives, and not something we should take for granted regardless of (ironically) how immutable the ebb and flow of time may be.

it just makes me feel like i'm noticing i'm alive, you know? so i don't miss anything, because not only is everything an amazing blessing, but it all just goes by so....

....damn....

...fast.

No comments: