May 7, 2009

To drive or not to drive

With everybody scampering around trying to book flights to Calgary, I find myself seriously considering the prospect of driving there. In my car.

I realize it would irreversibly devalue my baby. And I'd probably have to sleep in the car to save money.

But you know what? I feel like it'd be one of those neat, eye-opening trips that cause me to love Canada more afterwards. Like that movie with Joshua Jackson, except, probably less well lit.

Am I crazy? Is sleeping in my car at a prairie rest stop a recipe for beheading?

4 comments:

Dust said...

do it while you still have the inclination and opportunity.

-d

blt said...

i thought beheadings happened on Greyhound buses. if anything, you'd be safer sleeping in your car (by that logic)

Dust said...

good point.

Steph said...

Haha Do it although i can also foresee your car dying after a while though, I mean its not young. I figure once you buy a second hand car there is no sense in trying to keep the mileage low cuz the car's value is already so low (unless you own like an old porche or something). I'd say do it but maybe you should rent a car or something just so it wont die on you.