Jul 19, 2006

sao paolo

staring outside into my backyard, i can see dozens of clouds of mosquitoes hovering ominously over my lawn. the thought of my lot being overrun by bloodsuckers gives me the chills. and thus the pros and cons of living near a ravine. i went for a jog last night and came back more itchy than sweaty. on the bright side, i now know that having the duel distraction of scratching my arms and picking a wedgie while i run makes the time pass surprisingly fast.

to me, conciously trying to appreciate all that i take for granted is kind of like falling down an escalator -- you never get to the end (also, fruit baskets are cool.....).

my family isn't what you would call "the full-house family". i don't even think we'd qualify as the typical asian canadian family. but i certainly take them for granted. however, they sometimes surprise me with reminders of how much they actually care, despite the fact that as much as i hate to admit it, i often act like the immature baby of the family because i know i can get away with it. and i hate doing that, because i don't treat anyone else that way. only my family, who will always let things slide, and who will always have my back.

and what else is family there for anyways? if not for you to depend on them, and to be dependable for.

its weird how growing up i always thought my family was devoid of affection, or emotion. nowadays though, as life gets more complicated with age, i find myself understanding the simpler and more subtle gestures of love.

and who would have thought -- but my family is teaching me what it really means to love. something i'm conciously trying to pay attention to.

its always the last place you look eh? funny how that works....

No comments: