Feb 3, 2009

I officially hate the Raptors

*Apparently I am not the only one who feels this way. Globe and Mail reporter Michael Grange, who's job it is to cover the Raptors for a national newspaper, has decided to stop watching Raptors games.

Against my better judgment, I tuned into the game tonight to watch us get massacred by the Cleveland LeBrons.

I only watched the first three minutes then turned off the television in disgust.

- Wally Szczerbiak three (made)
- Missed layup by Chris Bosh
- Wally Szczerbiak three (made)
- Anthony Parker jumper (missed)
- Wally Szczerbiak three (missed)
- Jermaine O'neal travelling (TO)
- Mo Williams jumper (made)
- Chris Bosh jumper (made)
- Wally Szczerbiak three (missed)
- Offensive rebound Ben Wallace
- LeBron James, alley-oop dunk

CLE: 10, TOR: 2
The Raptors gave up a back-to-back-to-back three's to Cleveland's shooting guard to start the game. That's three times, on the first three offensive possessions. Another open jumper to Mo Williams on the fourth possession, then another open three to Wally Sczerbiak.

To compound the matters of this absolute futility that we call a basketball team, Ben Wallace gathered the offensive rebound off this fourth miss, in the middle of four Raptor players.

Also of note, the layup Chris Bosh missed on his first touch was a wide open lane, with Zydrunas Ilgauskas standing directly under the net in the restricted area.

Any number of NBA player would have dunked on Z and gotten the 'And one' call. Instead, Chris Bosh purposely avoided contact, and missed the layup instead.

For a team to give up the same open three point shot for the other team's best shooter four times in the first three minutes is absolutely unacceptable. I've given up on this team before, but after watching the first three minutes of this game, I knew they no longer even deserved a shred of my attention.

They're dogging it out there. And if they've given up on the court, why should I bother caring?

I hope the rest of the city and Raptors fans do what's right, and stop supporting them until they show something worth being supported.

To my own dismay, I couldn't help but check in on the score at the end of the first quarter.

Cleveland 37
Toronto 15

1 comment:

ehbaba said...

I gave up on them back in the late Carter days.

But I believe in this group of guys. They're hard workers. Even though they truly truly suck at times, they do play to theor full potential now and then.

And the back-to-back wins they just got ALMOST makes you forget that they're second last in the East. :(