Feb 18, 2009

Snow!

That last week of temperate weather really lulled me into a false sense of spring. I was quite surprised to see snow out my window today. Not that I'm angry, I guess I had just taken for granted that there's probably another several weeks of bitter winter goodness to come. Tobogganing anyone?

I'm starting to run low on essentials. I'm all out of Johnnie Black (both bottles!). Half my Bacardi Black is gone. I still have an unopened Beefeater on my desk, but I'm not going to bother making GT's to drink by myself. People need to come over for that kind of effort.

Also, still unemployed and bleeding funds. But I don't so much mind that part. I'd rather go out enjoying myself till the very end than saving up scratch and being miserable every day about it, y'know? I'm pretty optimistic things will turn up fine. They always seem to, although my parents are starting to worry a little bit about my unwavering self-assurance. I don't blame them. I do drink all their orange juice and probably account for half their monthly utilities bill.

I think if I did have more money to burn, I'd probably spend it on classes. I am currently aiming to improve my graphic design and guitar playing abilities. Part of me still believes I am somehow a prodigy at some instrument that I have never played before.

Every time I sit down in front of a piano, I think maybe now I'll be miraculously amazing at it.

In hindsight, this may be a rudimentary form of insanity. Rather, I like to think of it as harnessing my latent superpowers bit by bit...

1 comment:

Cammie said...

come over if you want to give cello a try. i've already sadly come to the realization i'm no prodigy haha. what about harmonica? then you can be a one man street performer