Mar 23, 2009

Keitha? That's a man's name!

No thanks to a little help from my fellow Battlestar Galactica fans, I must go buy myself another bottle of bourbon tomorrow. I must say my ruminations on the finale cannot be shared for fear of revealing spoilers (basically, just for Cammie), but rest assured I was not blown away in a good way.

I also watched the series finale of Flight of the Conchords this weekend. Not exactly a complex show, but it was quaint, unpretentious and incredibly funny television. It will be missed, and I'm hoping that both Bret and Jemaine go on to do more incredible, unique projects.

My recent days have been full of sleeping, eating out, and doing things with friends. This is wonderful. However (there doesn't always have to be a but!) I feel some balance is starting to be called for, and today I felt those darn pangs of productivity pulling at me again. Unfortunately, I was limited in my capacity to satiate those desires. You know, outside of reading a book. At least it makes me feel smarter.

Anyways, to make this a mostly television related post, I must say that for the past six weeks, I've been following Dollhouse with casual interest, not wanting to commit myself to the show due to its somewhat vapid acting, so-so debut episode and decidedly un-Whedonlike writing.

Well, this last weeks episode was some what of a breakthrough. It really was an excellent episode, probably a more solid chunk of television than anything else that was on TV Friday (damn you Battlestar...). My expectations are now raised. Please don't disappoint me.

Also, on an unrelated note, I am again watching Korea and Japan slug it out in the WBC Championship game. If Asians are so great at baseball, why aren't I more of a pro-star at softball? Clearly I should dedicate myself to it and drop this silly basketball business....

3 comments:

Steph said...

I watched the first 2 eppisodes of dollhouse and wasnt too blown away... and it wasnt as funny or quirky as the other whedon shows but perhaps i'll give it another chance cuz you said it gets better.

Yea the Kara story-line in BSG was my favourite and it was just a big letdown :( the rest was ok but the finale didnt meet my expectations overall.

blt said...

it was getting better! but then it got not-so-good again... come on, Whedon!

Dust said...

I watched a bit of the WBC finals when I was in Japan. When they won, people went Crazy!

By Crazy, I mean people streamed the game on their phones while commuting, and more people went drinking at night than ususal.

Those Crrrrazy Japanese people and their #1 most popular sport.

I was also in HK for the 7's Rugby World Series. I've never seen so many rowdy white people in HK in my life.

-d