Mar 12, 2009

Sunshine lollipops



This ad is hilarious. Dave Perkins wrote an article in The Star about it just this morning actually articulating exactly my thoughts when I first saw it though:

Why the hell would the other guys agree to be in this commercial?

Isn't it bad for your ego to admit you're scared of a direct competitor? Even though he's been out of action for almost a year and coming off arthroscopic knee surgery?

I understand Nike sponsorship has some sway, but if I'm not sure I'd have agreed to this. It's a psychological advantage, and in the micro-sliced world that is professional sports, every little bit of an edge could be the difference between winning and losing.

Nonetheless.

Instant classic Nike ad. Right up there with Bo Knows, The Federov, and of course my all-time favourite, the Jordan 21 spot.

That's two out of the three original Pro-Stars! Sadly, Wayne's didn't make the cut. You gotta love that intro to the cartoon though.

"Pro Stars! It's all about helping kids!"

1 comment:

Ivan said...

that ad is hilarious.