Mar 6, 2009

Tending to my lawn

I'm starting to get that strange antsy feeling when you haven't had anything particularly important to do for a while. Part of me wants to go back to school. I'd do graphic design, or culinary school I think. Then afterwards, I could make a food magazine entirely by myself; cook, write, layout.

That would be so awesome...

Is this normal? Is it bad that I haven't been doing any wistful thinking about finding a job in my own field lately, but rather have been spending all my time doing freelance design gigs and cooking/baking random random recipes I find on food blogs? (including Irene's!)

No matter what you do, you always end up feeling like you wish you were something else I suppose. I guess until I actually find a job that I hold down for more than a year, I don't have all that much context to compare with. Still.

All I want is to enjoy what I do as much as I do what I enjoy.

2 comments:

Dust said...

Do both.

Culiniary arts with a few graphic design electives.

Then circle the globe, blogging about the culinary delights, wonders and secrets in your travels. Finally, use your online rep to promote your new restaurant.

At the very least, you could open your own restaurant.

-d

Vivian Mau said...

your new layout looks good. you already ARE a graphic designer. i'm sure there's con ed classes for both.