Apr 1, 2009

I feel like a certain medical student

In that, I find myself quite attracted to the unfortunately underage Yuna Kim after she won the World Figure Skating Championships last week. I didn't bother watching the women's since there were no Canadians in contention, but I did manage to catch the full long-program on Youtube HD, and I must say she really put on a show.

Of course, I assume she did, since I don't actually know anything about figure skating. But the NBC announcers sure seemed to say she did. And she set a world record, shattering 200 points in the new scoring system by SEVEN. (This is apparently a big deal, like running a three-minute mile for figure skaters. I have no clue either way; the judging rules all seem arbitrary to me.)

What I do know is she's 18. And she's a World Champion. And she trains with Brian Orser right here in Toronto (I assume because it's essentially Korea with lots of ice). She's also quite cute. This, all wrapped together, is an appealing total package.

Does getting older make me more open to dating girls below my half-age-plus-seven threshold? I used to be super opposed and completely unattracted to anyone more than one year younger than me. Am I starting to just care less, or am I turning into some sort of lecherous old man?

The real question however:

Do you think she's had any work done? I'm skeptical of those weak looking double eyelids...



8 comments:

Gord and Steph said...

she reminds me of my friend kim actually... only in that pic she looks a little cross-eyed.

yea as guys get older i find they tend to be more and more ok with dating younger girls... perhaps its cuz the quality girls in their own age groups are taken and so they need to look elsewhere. Thus ruining it for the younger guys and starting the cycle over once more haha.

Steph said...

hmm strange that comment was from me i just forgot to log "GS" whoever that is, off.

Ivan said...

uhhh.... which medical student are you referring to.....

Dust said...

It's because your standards steadily drop starting the day you left high-school. As you head out into a big wide world not filled with youthful teenagers, you started to realize that the pool is indeed big, but that the average fish isn't worth spending bait on.

-d

Simon said...

Doesn't that mean my standards are getting higher?

Dust said...

Nope. I mean to say that you'd date girls now that you wouldn't have given a second look before.

-d

blt said...

yeah, which med student are you talking about? i don't watch figure skating... (or underage-girls...)

but leave it to Dust to explain attraction to them, haha

Dust said...

She's 18. Hardly underage.