Apr 26, 2009

Wow

He's just not that into you is a regrettable movie.

Is it unfortunate that it makes fun of female cliches then ends the movie by reenforcing them?

I like that in general, the males are accurately portrayed. But I find it hard to believe women are nearly as dumb as the movie makes them out to be. Who literally paces a room waiting for a dude to call her? Do sane human beings actually do this? Least yet 30 year old professionals?

Either the movie is borderline degrading and just set another generation up for unexpected teen pregnancy, or my parents did an amazing job in raising me to respect chicks.

Or both.

2 comments:

Dust said...

I think that the more conniving you are, the more suspicious you'll be of other people's actions and words.

Girls are said to be more conniving than guys. I've met some conniving guys too, but they were all bitches.

-d

Steph said...

I thought that movie was horrible and i came out wanted to punch that retarded girl in the face. Probably one of the worst movies i've seen in a while actually. I thought the drew berrymore storyline might have been good and funny but alas they never followed it.