Apr 14, 2009

Not functioning.

You know how if you have a laptop, and you leave it for a while, it falls into "Sleep mode" or "Energy Saver" mode or whatever? Then you have to jiggle the mouse, or press a key, and it'll take a few minutes for everything to blink back onto the screen?

I currently feel like I am stuck in a perpetual sleep mode. Unable to wake up, but unwilling to fully shut it down.

I blame Ivan. After telling him two sleeping pills and a double of bourbon put me out like a light, he said it was ok to take three really. And I suppose, in this regard, he was correct. I am alive.

But last night, in an attempt to fall asleep quickly at an already late hour, I popped three Life Brand sleeping pills, and when my alarm clock went off 8 hours later I was groggier than a date rape victim. Not that I would know.

Anyways, I had extreme difficulty getting out of bed, and even more of a difficult time getting the work done that I needed to for a client. And now that's it's 6pm, it's too late to nap since there's basketball later anyways.

Suffice to say, I think I'm going to stay away from taking multiple sleeping pills at a time from now on. When the box suggests one per day, I am now inclined to believe it.

6 comments:

Ivan said...

well i still think 3 is better than 2 + 2 shots of bourbon. although both will probably make you really groggy later.

Simon said...

Quack!

Dust said...

Diet and Exercise.

Cures everything the way a drink used to.

The drink is now considered preventative medicine... haven't you heard? "An ounce a day keeps the doctor away."

-d

Steph said...

I think you just need a normal sleep schedule and then you wont have problems falling asleep. Or read a book in bed right before you want to sleep. OR attend a section meeting I always fall asleep in those...

Dust said...

Diet and Exercise!

Ivan said...

yes, my professional opinion is that you eat a large pizza right before you plan on sleeping every night.