Apr 2, 2009

You're not staying for Japanther?

(Los Campesinos)

Been on a bit of a concert tear lately, March was just too good to pass up with Cut Copy, CMW and the Junior Boys all bunched up. I wanted to get out to a few more as well, but never made it. It would have been nice to have gotten into the Born Ruffians, but luckily I've seen them before so it wasn't a complete loss.

Saw Los Campesinos tonight, which was a pretty amazing show despite the fact they only played for maybe 50 minutes. This is not their fault however, as they only have 50 minutes worth of music to their name right now. But I loved their energy and overall quirkiness -- they're going to go places quickly, especially after being critically lauded in so many top-whatever lists at the end of last year.

Coming up, I'm finally going to stay for Japanther! Or rather, I am seeing Meligrove again, who are once more accompanied by Japanther. Last time I saw them, we all left before Japanther came on and the ticket person by the door basically cried when we walked out.

"You're not staying for Japanther??" he said to us, looking genuinely completely crushed.

Consider this a make up, mysterious ticket selling hipster guy.

Patrick Watson will be playing Trinity St. Paul's later this Spring, but before that Metric is playing the Mod Club with Holy Fuck, April 14. I don't know if tickets are gone yet, but I. Must. See. That. Show.

After that, I think I need to take a breather. And by breather, I mean stop spending so much money.

I bought my Los Campesinos t-shirt tonight though, my little splurge.

I have a strange affection for band shirts, even though I try not to buy too many.

Consider it love in moderation.

Random albums I am currently excited about:

1) Mirah - (a)spera
2) Fever Ray - Fever Ray
3) Metric - Fantasies
4) Yeah Yeah Yeah's - It's Blitz
5) Cymbals Eat Guitars - Why There Are Mountains

It is, it seems, a pretty darn good month for fans of indie-music females both intro and extroverted. And fans of Built to Spill. Gooood times.



No comments: