Jul 14, 2009

Alright. It's a babe off.

Chi-Chi...

I watched two horrible movies this week. Each featured a hot asian (mostly) girl who made the stupidity bearable, if not even somewhat enjoyable. If that makes me a sadist (or a pervert), so be it. What's really sad however is that both these girls were playing cartoon characters. I'm not sure exactly what that says about me, but I'm sure there's some sort of deep rooted symbolism there. It's probably not that deeply rooted, actually.

...or Chun-Li...

I must say that this is a tougher call than it looked on paper. I mean, Kristen Kreuk is so pretty. But Jamie Chung I would say has the nicer body. Less lithe and classical, but curvy Asian girls always get bonus points from me. KK is Canadian though, which is also a plus. But Jamie Chung is Korean, which I also approve of. Tough call.

I can't decide. I'll just bask in the presence of both, while at once thanking them for playing Japanese cartoon characters in horrendous hollywood films, and ignoring the fact they just set Asian actresses back at least five years.

For every step forward, two steps back. Somewhere, Maggie Cheung is cursing these two.

While I'm objectifying women, shout out to Grace Park. Hope you make it back to hottie relevance soon.

3 comments:

Dust said...

Maggie Cheung is a disciple of the French Auteur school.

I hate them and their 'art.' It's the last bastion of Freudian psychoanalysis and I wish it would fade into history and stop polluting my TV.

Nothing good ever came from the French Auteur, and nothing ever will.

-d

Simon said...

Well, she's an actress, not a director, so she can't technically be considered an auteur. I assume you mean she plays snobby roles?

She's apparently in Tarantino's new film. I think he would consider himself an auteur only with tongue firmly planted in cheek, haha

Dust said...

Yes. Snobby roles where all she needs to do is cry and look really sad.

-d