Jul 15, 2009

War and Peace and Werewolves

Is it better, hypothetically, to always go for what you want despite knowing things probably won't bother working out? I mean, to grab for a cupcake, for example, knowing full well you're about to go on a roller coaster and won't return to said bakery in the forseeable future? Is that a sensical analogy?

Do you grab the cupcake, roller coaster eating be damned? Or do you simply move on, knowing it was probably for the best that you do not inconvenience yourself? Where do you draw the line between reasonable selfishness and selfish indignation?



2 comments:

Dust said...

I'd say it's about setting priorities and being decisive.

I like to have my cake and eat it too, so I'd go ahead and get the cupcake.

At least with cupcake in hand, you still have options.

-d

Steph said...

I also like having my cake and eating it too which is why i am always so damn busy. For some reason i line up my days so that i get zero breaks. Gord is the opposite... i think we need to work on some sort of compromise...