Jul 24, 2009

Flashback Friday: High School Yearbook


Why did people write in silver and gold pen? It's impossible to read. That said, here are the most hilarious yearbook messages I got during my four years in the public education system. My 1998 book is full. I think my OAC book has like, 6 messages. You can tell at what point we all stopped caring. On the unintentional comedy scale, some of these are simply off the charts. Bonus marks for matching names with comments.

************************

Hey Simon, I'm signing in the front ok? I really can't think of anything to write cause I just but my lip. It's been great having you back at the same school as me. You're the same as you use [sic] to be, and that's a good thing. Well, that's all from me. - 1998

Hey Simon, This pen sucks huh? ... anyways, it's been nice knowing ya. See ya next year. - 1998

What up chink! You fuckin' FOB! Have a good summer chink .. l8r ... p.s. I'm gonna nuke your ass like Hiroshima! - 1998

What up Simon? Why is [name of guy who wrote the previous comment] so gay? I think he likes you. Hope things work out between you two! ha ha! Anyways, have a great summer. - 1998

Hey Simon, well, I didn't really get to know you very well, but I do know you skip art often. do [sic] deny it ... we all know the truth. Have a blast this summer, see you around. -1998

Hello Simon ... what a great year eh? It would have been even better had you worked harder, cause then you'd have the marks to show for it. Well, you have next year. Okay, you've class ............ SIMON! you wrote such a bad message in my yearbook! You want a sticker? well you CAN'T HAVE A STICKER. I don't have any, but even if I did you WOULDN'T GET ANY! BAD MESSAGE! - 1999

Yo Simon, Lessons of the year: don't do drugs, alcohol, white girls. See you next year - 1999

Simon!! You SO cool man ... ha ... no really, you are the sweetest, nicest, most considerate, DEFINITELY the most funny, bestest friend guy I know!! tee hee ... you're so great to whine to ... and I've done my bit of whining ... awww... Eric didn't give me a Pokemon sticker .... sad /whine. Thanks for Chia! I know Steph is incredibly jealous!! Thanks for being the groovin dude that you are! Luv ya! - 1999

Simimon, attack all you EVIL digimon! BBALL rules! We'll win next year. - 2000

BUY ME ICE CREAM - 2001

6 comments:

Steph said...

I think the lessons of the year was written by G-Scratch. So good. Was that first comment from me? If so that i am lame especially if i "BUT my lip" hahaha. The icecream one is definately from one of the softball B girls - rachael?.

I also enjoyed the Simimon/digimon comment. The bad grades and "cant have a sticker" on sounds like something wendy would write hahaha.

Simon said...

ding ding! correct: g-scratch, rach

blt said...

wow, some of those are borderline offensive, haha.

also, i just found this, and i'm too lazy to go find that "white people dancing" post, so i'm gonna throw it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0

Dust said...

Thanks Bri, I was just gonna look that up - I read about it in the Star this morning.

-d

Simon said...

Nice. But why are there like 19 people in that wedding party?

Also, because they chose Chris Brown I kept expecting the groom to punch the bride in the face if she slid left instead of shuffling right.

Steph said...

yea i've seen that too! They have the largest wedding party i have ever seen. And the groom reminds me of Conan O'Brien